Youth Protection is very important to our troop. Everyone is responsible for making sure the BSA’s Youth Protection Guidelines are met, but our troop has taken it one step further. We have establised the role of Youth Protection Educator to make sure everyone is aware of the Youth Protection Guidelines (Leaders, Parents and Youth) and that all Guidelines are being followed.
Duties of the Youth Protection Educator:
- Be knowledgeable of all YPT Guidelines
- Make everyone aware of any changes to YPT Guidelines
- Make sure all leaders have a current YPT Certification
- Make sure the troop meets YPT guidelines at meetings & outings
- Provide education & guidance when an accidental, non-dangerous, violation occurs
- Keep a written record of all YPT violations and actions taken (such as educating the violator)
- Immediately report any violations to the Committee Chair
This role is not filled.